- 100ml Gordon’s London Dry Gin (£14, 70cl, Tesco)
- 100ml Blackberry & Lavender Shrub (see recipe below)
- lots of ice
- tonic water
- fresh blackberries and lavender to garnish
- Half fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the gin, shrub and lemon juice.
- Shake for at least a minute. Strain into two tall tumbler glasses filled with ice and top with tonic.
- Garnish with blackberries and a sprig of lavender.
2) BLACKBERRY & LAVENDER SHRUB
- 500g blackberries
- 1tsp lavender
- 250g caster sugar
- 200ml raw apple cider vinegar
- Gently wash the blackberries and place into a large clean jar and add the caster sugar and lavender.
- Secure a muslin square/cover over the opening of the jar.
- Place into the fridge and gently rock/shake daily for about two to three days until the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the fruit has macerated for a few days, place in a pan with the vinegar and gently bring to a very light simmer on a medium/low heat for about five minutes, softening the fruit.
- Cool the mixture to room temperature then strain through a sieve into a jug, pushing it through with the back of a spoon.
- Sieve the collected liquid again, this time using a piece of muslin over the sieve, to get a finer shrub.
- Pour the shrub into a bottle, seal, label and store in the fridge. Keeps in the fridge for up to four months.