- 300g of any purple berry (recommended: blueberries, blackberries, grapes)
- 400ml water
- 50ml Tanqueray London Dry Gin (£19.95, 70cl, 31dover.com)
- tonic water – need a blender and ice cube trays
- Night before/morning of: Into the blender: 200 grams of purple berries, 400ml water and squeeze the juice of half a lemon. Blitz until smooth.
- Only pour into 25% of the ice tray cavities, then spread out the remaining 100g of berries into the ice tray cavities and continue to pour the berry mixture over each berry until all cavities are full. Then freeze overnight.
NOTE TO SELF: If you would like a combination in the glass of colour and intrigue, make 50% of your ice cubes purple (as above) and for the other 50%, cut the berries in 1/2 and freeze into water for aesthetic variation. Build the berry ice cubes into a tall glass. Pour 50ml of gin over berry ice cubes and top the glass up with tonic and enjoy.