A Gin Martini is possibly the most famous gin cocktail of all. It’s the drink that brought you cocktail hour and gave us the expression ‘gin o’ clock’.
All classic Martini recipes include vermouth as a the key ingredient of the cocktail. The less vermouth you use, the drier the Martini will eventually be.
Traditionally this cocktail is served with olives or a lemon twist. This version, however, comes with a slightly festive touch. An orange twist garnish brings a splash of colour to the glass, while classic Edinburgh Gin gives the Martini an aromatic taste.
The gingery spiciness and citrus touch of the gin works beautifully with the zesty tinge of the orange bitters.
Simply combine the ingredients below, and you’ll have a unique slant on a classic drink. Enjoy!
- Add all ingredients to a tall glass and stir.
- Strain into a Martini glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
Related (Spice, orange and honey selection)
- Winter Sipper cocktail, with Christmas Edinburgh Gin
- Negroni cocktail, with McQueen Smokey Chilli gin
- Bee’s Knees Cocktail Recipe
- Esker Gin release limited edition Honey Spiced Gin
- Ophir Gin review
From a classic Martini to a White Lady, find out how to shake up more cocktails