It’s the hap-hapiest season of all — and how can it not be with cranberry gin and tonic like this?
Cranberry sauce with Christmas dinner is a bit of a toss up. Love it or hate it, but we’re into it.
In fact, this cranberry gin and tonic is so good we think it’d win over cranberry haters, especially when paired with the deliciously festive Tarquin’s Mulled Cranberry and Tangerine Gin.
Tarquin’s, Cornwall’s most lauded distillery and cult favourite, launched this limited edition seasonal gin just for 2017. You’ll find tangerines and cherries on the nose, then juniper, mulled fruit and spices join the party on the palate.
To make this even more festive, top off this G&T with a sprinkle of cranberries and pluck a rosemary sprig into the mix.
The star of the show, Tarquin’s Mulled Cranberry & Tangerine Gin, sings with an excellent supporting cast. Here the sweetness of the cranberry juice plays off the bursts of tartness and the whiffs of aromatic rosemary beautifully.
Pour, stir, sip. Cheers!
Cranberry gin and tonic
- 50ml cranberry juice
- 25ml Tarquin’s Mulled Cranberry & Tangerine Gin
- 75ml tonic water
- Cranberries (garnish)
- Sprig of rosemary (garnish)
- Pour gin and cranberry juice over ice. Stir. Add tonic water and garnishes.
- Drink to your heart’s content.
More Christmas cocktails
- Winter Sipper Cocktail, with Christmas Edinburgh Gin
- Gin Martini, with Edinburgh Gin and Orange Bitters
- Darnley’s Spiced Gin and ginger