Think raspberry and the chances are you won’t associate it with wine. Yet, the word is actually derived from raspise meaning “a sweet rose-coloured wine.”
I’ve created a deliciously dark raspberry gin cocktail with a little raspberry and rosé wine influence.
I’ve also taken inspiration from the most unlikely of places. My travels to Japan had me fawning over this rose goblet, complete with rose petal garnish.
Yet, this cocktail will not cost you the price of a kimono. It actually features budget buy Raspberry Gin Liqueur from Lidl priced at £11.99.
Try adding Fentimans Rose Lemonade or rose water and switch out the dark garnish for a sprinkle of pretty pink petals.
50ml Hortus Raspberry Gin Liqueur
Juniper berries (or raspberries and blackberries) – To garnish
- Pour the Hortus Raspberry Gin Liqueur into a large balloon glass
- Add the Chambord
- Top the glass up with Sparkling Elderflower Pressé or Fentimans Rose Lemonade
- Add ice
- Lightly squeeze 4-6 juniper berries to release flavour and add to the glass.
- Lidl’s pink gin liqueurs are officially back in stock
- Cocktail: Classic Bramble with Eden Mill Love Gin
- Create a raspberry gin cheesecake the easy way