The sparkling nature of Prosecco, champagne or cava adds a degree of complexity to all gin drinks. These two are particular favourites, a combination of classic and contemporary.
They’re perfect for a wedding reception, party, or simply just to use up that spare bottle of fizz you have lying around. Nothing says celebration like a glass of gin fizz in your hand.
Whilst the French 75 is a gin-based classic, the Nicola 7 is a variant on the Nicola 6, using gin instead of vodka to bring out the berry flavours.
Just add a fruity garnish to finish.
French 75 cocktail
30ml lemon juice
Cherry and lemon peel spiral to garnish
1. Add the lemon, sugar syrup and gin to an ice-filled shaker
2. Shake for about 15 seconds until chilled
3. Strain into a champagne flute.
4. Top with champagne. Stir gently, garnish with a long, thin lemon spiral and a cocktail cherry.
Nicola 7 cocktail
3 fresh strawberries (diced)
A couple of slices of cucumber (diced)
1 tsp lemon juice
A dash of berry cordial (or Chambord if you don’t have any)
Rosé cava to top up
A strawberry to garnish
1. Muddle the strawberries, cucumber, lemon juice and gin together in the bottom of a shaker
2. Add your dash of berry cordial and a handful of ice
3. Shake vigorously
4. Strain through a sieve into a martini glass
5. Top up with the cava
6. To garnish, slice a strawberry down the middle and slide onto the side of the glass