Visually stunning, an ombré cocktail is when a drink starts with one colour and blends onto another. They can be perfect for a party; the ultimate flashy crowd-pleaser with zero effort. Alternatively, it can be a sassy update to a G&T, transforming it from week night staple to weekend darling.
This twist on a gin and tonic introduces a swirl of grenadine to create the perfect ombré effect. With an emphasis on a blueberry and lime garnish, this cocktail has an extra bit of sweetness from the pomegranate molasses and contrasting tartness from the lime.
It’s the ultimate fruity hit in a glass: the combination of blueberry, lime and pomegranate is deliciously refreshing.
– 50ml Boodles gin
– 25ml lime juice
– 25ml grenadine or your own pomegranate molasses
– A handful of mint leaves
- Half a sliced lime
- Stir the gin, grenadine and lime in the base of a tall cocktail glass
- Bruise the mint and add to the glass
- Top up with ice
- Add the blueberries and lime-slice garnish
- Top up with tonic and stir with a cocktail stirrer
From a classic Martini to a White Lady, find out how to shake up more cocktails.
More fruity cocktails: