Whilst many in the nation are stocking up on milk, eggs and bread, don’t forget one crucial tool to combat the Beast from the East: gin.
Winter gin cocktails are some of are very favourites. Drinks like mulled wine and hot toddies shouldn’t just be reserved just for Christmastime either. And that’s especially true when it looks more Christmassy at present than actual Christmas(!).
So let’s mix up a hot gin punch, or better yet, keep a pot of it going this weekend. With spiced gin, apple juice and cinnamon sticks, this would make a divine smelling cauldron of booze.
Darnley’s Spiced Gin is an easy pick for the project. Its classic wintery botanicals, like cinnamon, clove and pepper, steal the show.
Most importantly, hot spiced gin is dead easy to make. Just pour all the ingredients into a pot and simmer till your home smells like heaven.
Hot Spiced Gin Punch with Darnley’s Spiced Gin
200ml Darnley’s Spiced Gin
400ml Apple Juice
500ml Ginger Beer
50g demerara sugar
1 cinnamon quill or a sprinkling or ground cinnamon
80ml lime juice
apple slices to garnish
- Pour all the ingredients apart from the gin into a pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the gin
- Strain and serve in latte glasses with apple slices on a cocktail stick to garnish.
More winter cocktail inspiration
- Gin and Ginger Negroni with Thomas Dakin
- Negroni cocktail with McQueen Smokey Chilli gin
- Poinsettia Gin Punch Cocktail with Rock Rose Winter Edition
- Winter Sipper Cocktail with Christmas Edinburgh Gin
- 5 healthy gin cocktails (with superfoods!)