The concept of ‘breakfast’ instantly conjures an evocative range of flavours from the savoury and sweet (of toast), to the bitter and sour (of marmalade).
Fortunately, the Breakfast Martini manages to embody them all. A delicious citrus sharpener designed to exorcise even the harshest of hangovers, this drink needn’t be consigned to the fate of a ‘restorative cocktail’.
In essence a marmalade sour, this recipe adds a side of sourdough toast as a garnish and let’s face it, there aren’t many things in life that can’t be improved with a side of toast.
- 50ml gin
- 25ml cointreau
- 25ml vermouth
- Spoonful marmalade
- A triangle of toast
- Add all the ingredients except the toast to a shaker.
- Stir until the marmalade has fully dissolved.
- Add some ice to the shaker and shake for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a small piece of well-done (almost burnt) toast.
Treats to go with your breakfast martini
- Spreadable gin is here and it looks pretty dreamy
- Orange marmalade gin is here for when spreadable gin isn’t enough