The Gin Kin is a very sweet tooth friendly place. When it comes to a bit of sweet nostalgia, we’re keen to discover them all.
If you fancy shaking up some chocolately, boozy goodness, chocolate cocktails aren’t just the domain of Baileys or vodka.
Gin, especially the totally moreish McQueens Chocolate Mint Gin, is the perfect spirit.
This recipe is dead easy, too. No bain-maries. But for full chocolatey goodness, it’s worth doing the chocolate ganache. Then just dump and shake.
Chocolate Gin Cocktail with McQueen Chocolate Mint Gin
For chocolate ganache:
- 70g dark chocolate, chopped
- 120ml double cream
- For chocolate ganache: Melt chocolate in microwave for approximately 30 seconds until mostly melted, but not completely. Stir to melt. When still warm but comfortable to touch, mix in cream. Let cool.
- Fill your martini glass with ice to chill.
- Combine chocolate ganache, gin, Baileys and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake until combined and chilled.
- Empty ice from martini glass. Strain into glass, garnish with mint leaves and dust with cocoa. Cheers!
Recipe and all images: McQueen Gin / The Gin Kin
- Someone’s invented a Hot Cross Bun Gin Martini and we need it in our life
- Hot Spiced Gin Punch with Darnley’s Spiced Gin
- Breakfast martini cocktail recipe