Here’s one you’re going to want to make up for a perfect spring’s day. The Green Park cocktail has more than a passing resemblance to beautiful greenery.
Alongside its perfect basil leaf garnish, it’s also full of light herbal notes. Celery bitters, tang from the lemon and a luxurious smoothness from the egg white makes for a drink that tastes just as glorious as it looks.
Its bright green colouring looks impressive but it actually takes little preparation. Simply add your ingredients to a shaker, strain into a Martini glass and sit back in your chosen relaxation spot. Just perfect!
– 50ml gin
– 25ml lemon juice (just shy of half a lemon)
– 25ml agave nectar (or sugar syrup)
– 1 egg white
– 5 large basil leaves torn to release their oil
3 dashes celery bitters
A basil leaf to garnish
- Add all your ingredients to a shaker
- Shake hard for 5-10 seconds to blend your egg white (the dry shake)
- Add your ice and shake vigorously for a further 10 seconds
- Strain into a martini glass
- Spoon in a little of your foam if the strainer hasn’t allowed it through
- Garnish with a basil leaf
From a classic Martini to a White Lady, find out how to shake up more cocktails.
More cocktail inspiration: