As warmer weather sets in, we know exactly what we’d like in our bowl. Move aside strawberries and cream, there’s only one dessert worth mentioning. The kind that comes with layers of gin.
Made with Carthy & Black Original Gin Cream, it’s a boozy take on a dessert that’s just made for Spring/Summer.
If you love Slingsby Gin, in particular, then you will love this. Carthy & Black’s perfect creation is a mash of silky smooth cream and delicious gin that serves as the perfect foundation for pudding.
Add in double cream, strawberries and meringue to the mix, however, and it’s dessert heaven. Enjoy!
· 2 tbsp Carthy & Black Original Gin Cream
· 450 ml double cream
· 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
· 400g strawberries
· 200ml berry coulis
· Shop bought mini meringues
· Mint leaves
- Whisk the cream until you achieve stiff peaks (will take around 5 minutes – we dare you to hold the bowl upside down over your head). Slowly fold in the gin cream. Break with your hands 6 mini meringues and add to the whipped cream mixture.
- Chop half the strawberries in a bowl, mash with a fork and gently fold into the cream mixture. Half the rest of the strawberries.
- Transfer into glass mason jars, layering the cream, berry coulis, strawberries and meringue. Top with a mint leaf, and serve immediately.
More scrumptious gin desserts: