As the evenings turn lighter, you might be in need of a suitable refreshment. Gin is incredibly versatile. As well as being a special addition to a dessert or savoury recipe alike, it can also make for a pretty special smoothie.
If you’ve got a bottle of Edinburgh Gin’s Rhubarb & Ginger Liqueur in your kitchen, here’s one for you.
We’ve taken inspiration from a reader recipe to show you how to create your very own rhubarb and strawberry gin smoothie slush cocktail.
How to create an Edinburgh Gin Rhubarb & Strawberry Gin Slush Smoothie in 2 mins
If, like us, you’d rather be chilling in the sun than spending time too much time with your blender, try this…
You will need:
- 1 shop bought strawberry smoothie
- 1 bottle of Edinburgh Gin Rhubarb & Ginger Liqueur
- Glass jar
- Crushed ice (optional)
Simply top up your strawberry smoothie with a little Edinburgh Gin liqueur. Give it a stir and add crushed ice if you’d prefer a slushie. That’s it!
How to create a home-made Edinburgh Gin Rhubarb & Strawberry Gin Smoothie in a blender
You will need:
- 30ml Edinburgh Gin Rhubarb & Ginger Liqueur
- 80g frozen strawberries
- 200ml tonic water
- Ice/more frozen strawberries
- Add the gin liqueur and frozen strawberries to a blender and blend until smooth
- Add some ice cubes or frozen strawberries to a glass
- Pour the mixture into the glass, and top up with around 200ml of tonic water
- Garnish with a strawberry slice and serve immediately.