Who said that gin cocktails are only to be enjoyed during the warmer season? It is universally acknowledged that Prosecco and sloe gin cocktails for autumn are a thing, so why not keep the trend going over Christmas?
And when Christmas spirit meets Australian spirit, wonderful things happen. One of those things is Four Pillars’ Australian Christmas Gin. This newest addition to their gin range is ideal for the perfect Christmas punch (and we’ve got the recipe for it).
Each year, Four Pillars feature the work of a different artist on the labels of its Australian Christmas Gin. For 2018, they’ve got Stephen Baker’s ‘Basking in the Sun’ on the label, which is apparently what people do on Christmas in Australia.
This festive tipple is made with distilled Four Pillars Christmas Pudding gin along with juniper, angelica, coriander, star anise and cinnamon.
This is combined with gin that has been maturing in Scotch whisky barrels that have been used to age muscat wine for 80 years. The muscat rounds out the palate giving the flavour more depth, richness and complexity.
- 50 ml Australian Christmas Gin
- 25 ml fresh lemon juice
- 25 ml orange & lemon sherbet
- Sparkling wine
- Build in short glass over ice
- Top with sparkling wine
- Garnish with orange and lemon wheels and mint sprigs
- Combine 14 serves in a punch bowl
You’ll be happy to know that this Australian tipple can be purchased for £49.89 on amazon.
More from The Gin Kin:
- 7 Christmas Cocktails with Fentimans & a GIVEAWAY
- 10 perfect gin cocktails for autumn
- Fever-Tree introduce the must have gin and tonic advent calendar for gin lovers this Christmas