With January officially being out of the way (took long enough), love is in the air as we’re anticipating Valentine’s Day.
Not that we needed any other excuse to bring out the pink gin and enjoy it in abundance, but the fact that everything looks pink anyway, reinforces the suitability of its consumption for the occasion.
Nothing signifies Valentine’s Day better than a good pink tipple and Edinburgh Gin has got just what we need in the delicious gin department. Whether it’s the classic Rhubarb and Ginger Gin Liqueur or the Special Edition Valentine’s Gin we’re up for the enjoyment of both.
Here are two cocktail recipes that will spice up your Valentine’s Day date.
Rhubarb and ginger gin fizz
Because who doesn’t love some bubbles with their delightful spicy gin?
- 25ml Edinburgh Gin’s Rhubarb & Ginger Liqueur
- 100ml Prosecco
- Add the Rhubarb & Ginger Liqueur to a chilled champagne flute or coupette.
- Top with Prosecco and Serve.
At first sight
You’re bound to fall in love with this lively sour, balancing aromatic floral notes with a zesty finish.
- 50ml Valentine’s Edinburgh Gin
- 10ml Edinburgh Gin’s Pomegranate & Rose Liqueur
- 15ml simple syrup
- 25ml lemon juice
- 1/2 egg white
- garnish – Lemon Twist
- Add the gin, liqueur, syrup, lemon juice and egg white to a shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into an ice-filled glass.
- Garnish with lemon twist.
More from The Gin Kin:
- Chase Pink Grapefruit Gin Is Out For A Limited Time For Valentine’s Day
- Edinburgh Gin Bouquet Makes The Perfect Valentine’s Gift
- Pink Gin Truffles Are What Gin Dreams Are Made Of