The Martinez is a distinguished guest to any tabletop.
Often named the Father of the Martini, this is an old, old drink with a beautiful, burnt honey colour and a complicated but well-balanced, taste. The main spirit making the Martinez Cocktail is a good Old Tom Gin which will provide the perfect balance between a London Dry and a Sweet Dutch Genever.
In modern times the gin fell out of existence, but nowadays, quality Old Tom Gin is back on the market and artfully distilled to taste delicious.
As predecessor of the Martini, the Martinez is the most classic of classic cocktail which carries flavours that are herbal and bitter which could make it the perfect digestive after a hearty meal.
- 40 ml Hendrick’s Gin
- 25 ml Sweet Vermouth
- 5 ml Maraschino Liqueur
- 1 Dash of Angostura Bitters
- 1 Dash of Orange Bitters
- Orange zest
- Stir all ingredients over ice in a mixing glass.
- Strain into a martini glass.
- Strain into cocktail glass and garnish with orange zest.
More from The Gin Kin:
- 13 Old Tom Gins You Ought To Try
- ASDA is Selling Larios 12 Gin with Free Copa Glasses
- Wetherspoons Gin Festival Is Back For 18 Days