In celebration of Pancake Day, Fentimans has devised a gin and tonic pancake drizzle, using their Valencian Orange Tonic Water, for home-bakers to liberally douse on their choice of pancakes this Shrove Tuesday.
With the help of popular vegan blogger and Instagrammer Holly Jade, aka @thelittleblogofvegan, Fentimans has transformed its botanically brewed Valencian Orange Tonic Water into a zesty pancake syrup.
Reminiscent of both the French classic Crepes Suzette and a refreshing citrusy G&T, the drizzle combines Fentimans Valencian Orange Tonic Water with orange juice, fresh orange zest and gin.
It can easily be poured over fluffy buttermilk pancakes or delicate buttery crepes. A unique alternative to the usual chocolate spread, sugar or golden syrup.
- 140ml Fentimans Valencian Orange Tonic Water.
- 1 tbsp Gin of choice.
- 200ml of Orange Juice (add extra if consistency is too thick).
- Zest of 2 large oranges (optional).
- 200g of golden caster sugar.
- 4.5 tbsp corn starch.
- Pinch of salt.
- Add all ingredients into a saucepan.
- Heat over medium – high heat until boiling, stirring constantly (around 5-8 minutes, it should thicken and turn clear).
- Remove from the heat and set aside into a heat proof bowl. If consistency is too thick, add extra orange juice at this stage and stir through.
- Store in the fridge once cooled.
Fentimans Valencian Orange Tonic Water is available to purchase at major supermarkets nationwide including Sainsbury’s and Waitrose.
More from The Gin Kin:
- Pink Gin Pancake Recipe with Aldi’s McQueen Pink Gin
- Hendrick’s Is About to Launch New Midsummer Solstice Gin and We Can’t Wait
- Whitley Neill’s Newest Blackberry Gin Is Here and It Looks Sensational