We all love a good Tom Collins cocktail but what about a Coconut Tom Collins?
With summer around the corner, all we can think of is tropical climate and a holiday destination and what goes hand-in-hand with that other than a refreshing coconut cocktail?
The Tom Collins is perhaps the ultimate highball and one of history’s most enduring cocktails. Originally made with Old Tom gin, this drink works well with both a good London Dry too.
One of its key ingredients is fresh juice which usually dictates that the cocktail should be shaken. It also tends to be served in an ice-filled highball glass which arguably leads to a better integrated cocktail.
- 2oz Coconut and Lime gin
- 1oz simple syrup
- 3/4oz lemon juice
- Premium tonic
- Lemon wedge for garnish
- Shake the gin, syrup and juice with ice until chilled – for about 15 seconds.
- Strain into an ice-filled highball glass.
- Top with your choice of premium tonic.
- Garnish with lemon wedge
- Enjoy your Coconut Tom Collins
If you happen to try this recipe make sure to post it on Intagram and tag @theginkin so that we can post it on our stories. Happy ginning!
More from The Gin Kin:
- This Bar Lets You Drink Gin Out of A Bathtub and It’s Phenomenal
- Battenberg Cake Gin Liqueur Now Exists For Those Who Like Both Cake and Gin
- 5 Best Pineapple Gins You Should Try This Summer