From garnish to glass, watermelon gin is here and it’s so perfect for quenching your thirst on warmer days.
Supermarket giant Asda may have released their own budget take on the gin, called Verano, but we reckon this latest release from Two Birds is also worth your attention.
A British distillery from engineer and gin enthusiast Mark Gamble, these guys are no stranger to creating deliciously delectable gin having formerly created award-winning spirits and experimental gins alike.
Having previously introduced the world to Strawberry and Vanilla Gin and Lemongrass Gin, this latest tipple brings you summer in a glass.
Melon & Strawberry Crush Cocktail
- Muddle 5-6 strawberries in a mixer glass
- Add 50ml Watermelon Gin with 10ml simple sugar syrup and some ice.
Shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a mason jar with crushed ice and top up with lemonade.
- Garnish with half-cut strawberries, melon balls and a mint sprig.
This fabulously refreshing expression actually uses a base of its very own London Dry Gin while adding a splash of refreshing watermelon to mix.
Expect a hearty dose of juniper, followed by lemon peel and a good hit of sweet, refreshing watermelon.
Then simply add in a whack of fresh watermelon as a garnish, or even a little lime to create a fresh and fruity G&T you won’t forget in a hurry!
You could even feature it as a base for a super summery cocktail.
Feeling inspired to try something else alternative this season? We’ve rounded up 5 of the best pineapple gins you should try.
Two Birds Watermelon Gin is available from Master of Malt for £30.95.
You can find out more information about Verano Watermelon Gin here.
More from The Gin Kin:
- 50 Best Flavoured Gins to Try in Your Lifetime
- This Delicious Gin and Tonic Sorbet Cocktail Is the Ultimate Way to Cool Down this Summer
- 5 Best Pineapple Gins You Should Try This Summer