When the temperatures get hotter, our choice of cocktails get cooler. So much cooler.
Step aside G&T and meet the ‘Pink Grapefruit Gin Slush’, a new twist on an old classic – purely for adults.
This fun take on a summer tradition contains gin of course and you add as much or as little as you like to get it the way you want it.
It works well with both fresh citrus juice out of a pink grapefruit, but you can also use store-bought juice if that’s closer to hand in your fridge.
Serve it on its own, top with fresh raspberries and sugar, a little orange and grapefruit or, for extra glamour, scoop it into an actual grapefruit and sip through a straw.
Anyway you want it!
- 2 cups (500ml) pink grapefruit juice, preferably freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup (60-80ml) gin
- In a small saucepan, warm about 1/4 cup (60ml) of the grapefruit juice with the sugar, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir the mixture into the rest of the grapefruit juice. Add the gin.
- Pour the slush mixture into a freezer-safe container and chill for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
To serve: Pile the slush into chilled glasses or carve out the insides of a pink grapefruit to fill with slush.
Top image: Shutterstock.
More from The Gin Kin:
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Gin Slush Smoothie, with Edinburgh Gin Liqueur
- GIANT Gin Cubes Are Here to Make Your G&T Seriously Cool
- A Pink Gin and Lemonade Sorbet Exists and It Screams of Summer