If you’ve ever imagined you could mix ice cream and gin together, this might just be for you.
Recently, our gin friends fell in love with Mackie’s Ice Cream Parlour who whipped up special ice cream gin cocktails on their very first cocktail night.
This got us wondering whether you could indeed create your very own gin x ice cream masterpiece at home and we’re delighted to say you can.
Whether it’s a warm evening or you want to mix up your usual thirst quenchers, this dreamy delight beats a cone any day of the week!
‘Strawberries and Cream’ Ice Cream Gin Cocktail
- 50ml gin
- 1 scoop strawberry ice cream
- 25ml sweet vermouth
- 2 strawberries
- A dash of Angostura bitters
- Start by placing everything except the strawberries into a cocktail shaker, add ice and shake.
- Pop a tumbler into the fridge to chill for a few minutes.
- Bash the strawberries into the base of the tumbler, top with the cocktail mix (fine-strained) and drink at once.
- Finish with more crushed strawberries and sprigs of mint to garnish.
If you’d like to copy Mackie’s Summer Freeze cocktail, simply adjust the ingredients to include Edinburgh Gin’s Rhubarb and Ginger Liqueur, a handful of fresh Scottish strawberries, lime juice, rhubarb syrup and a scoop of Mackie’s Rhubarb and Strawberry ice cream instead!
All images: Shutterstock