When the rhubarb starts growing we know that winter is behind us. And when it’s time for a rhubarb gin cocktail, we know that summer has truly arrived.
You could use your Rhubarb & Custard Gin to create a stunning G&T with just a little ice and a smattering of rose petals, or try a more flamboyant cocktail.
These cocktail recipes, provided by Nelson’s Gin, captures full flavours in a summer tipple that will leave you dreaming of simpler times.
Rhubarb & Custard G&T
- Nelson’s Rhubarb and Custard Gin
- Premium tonic
- Rose petals to garnish
- Pour 1 part gin and and 2 parts tonic measures into a glass with ice
- Garnish with rose petals
Rhubarb & Custard Surprise
- 35ml Nelson’s Rhubarb and Custard Gin
- 25 ml Monin Rhubarb Puree
- 12.5ml Advocaat
- 2 Mint sprigs
- Mint leaves
- 3 Lime wedges
- Rhubarb or rhubarb and custard sweets (optional garnish)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with a handful of cubed ice and add the gin, rhubarb puree, advocaat, mint sprigs and lime wedges
- Top with lemonade
- Shake well and pour into glasses
- Garnish with mint leaves and fresh rhubarb and/or rhubarb and custard sweets
Nelson’s Rhubarb and Custard Gin is available to buy from Nelson’s Rhubarb and Custard Gin for £39.95
Recipe and images supplied by Nelson’s Distillery and School