With summer about to hit full swing we need a range of cooling measures to cool us down while the sun is high in the sky. This frozen grapefruit and orange gin cocktail slush from Pickering’s looks exactly like the answer.
This cocktail does take a bit of preparation as it involves freezing fruit overnight but if you’re prepared to put in a bit of planning the results will be spectacular.
Alternatively if it looks amazing but seems like to much effort you can pick one up ready-made from the Edinburgh Food Festival this year. More details below.
Grapefruit & Orange Granita
- 1 bottle Pickering’s Pink Grapefruit & Lemongrass Liqueur
- 250ml Fresh Orange Juice
- 250ml Pink Grapefruit Juice
- Grapefruit slice (optional garnish)
View this post on Instagram
We’re so excited to be part of the amazing line up for @edfoodfest 2019, celebrating the very best that Scotland’s larder has to offer! ⠀ You’ll find us in the Fire EnGINe at Assembly George Square Gardens between 19th-28th July serving up a thirst-quenchingly gorgeous Pickering’s Pink Grapefruit & Lemongrass Liqueur GRANITA 🍹 (that’s GROWN-UP SLUSHIES to you and me!) ⠀ #EdFoodFest19 #PickGin #PickeringsGin #FoodFestival #Edinburgh #Foodies #summercocktails #gincocktail #ginoclock #edinburghfoodies
- Combine all 3 ingredients into a freezable container.
- Place container in the freezer overnight (or 8 hours), remove and mess around with a fork.
- Put back in the fridge for another 8 hours/overnight.
- Remove when the mixture is full of chunky ice crystals.
- Serve in a bowl with a teaspoon and a twist of grapefruit.
Pickering’s will be serving this cocktail at the Edinburgh Food Festival 2019 at Assembly George Square Gardens between 19-28 July.
If you are planning to attend the festival be sure to visit Pickering’s at their miniature Japanese airport fire engine, EnGINe 47. Instead of delivering water this fire engine is hooked up to a massive supply of gin!
They will be keeping festival goers refreshed with their grapefruit and orange gin cocktail, a range of other cocktails as well as the classic Pickering’s gin and tonic.
You can purchase a bottle of Pickering’s Grapefruit & Lemongrass (50cl, 20% ABV) on the Pickering’s website for £19.95
You can find more details on the Edinburgh Food Festival here.
Recipe and images supplied by Pickering’s. Additional images from Shutterstock.
More from The Gin Kin:
- You Can Make This Frozen Raspberry and Cherry Gin Slush in Three Simple Steps
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Gin Slush Smoothie, with Edinburgh Gin Liqueur
- A Restaurant Has Created a Frozen Gin Tree and It’s an Icy Delight