Strawberries are in season which means it’s truly summer and that means drinking gin in the sunshine. We’ve decided to combine the two and put together a strawberry gin recipe.
Fresh strawberries will work best in this recipe so if you are lucky enough to have some in your garden or are close to a strawberry picking farm the end result will feel even more personal.
You’ll want a London Dry gin in a strawberry gin recipe. This way the gin is distilled with the botanicals to give its distinctive flavour.
Strawberry Gin Recipe
You will need a litre bottle to store the gin
70cl London Dry Gin
400g Strawberries, topped and sliced
125g Caster sugar
- Tip the chopped strawberries and sugar into a large bowl, coating the strawberries.
- Add the gin, mix well and pour into a 1 litre sterilised bottle.
- Store in the fridge or a cool, dark place and stir every few days for 2/3 weeks until colour is a deep red.
- Strain into glasses when ready for a smooth serve.
For the ultimate indulgence pour this gin over some ice and pair up with your favourite tonic water. Feel free to add a strawberry for garnish.
Images supplied by Shutterstock
More from The Gin Kin:
- A Strawberry and Black Pepper Gin Sorbet Has Just Been Invented in Time for Summer
- Here’s How to Whip Up Your Very Own Ice Cream Gin Cocktail at Home
- Shimmer Strawberry and Coconut Gin Liqueur Will Give Your G&T That Glam Factor