There’s no better time than summer to sip something refreshing and there aren’t many more refreshing drinks than a cold grapefruit gin cocktail.
The explosion of grapefruit gin recently has been phenomenal so what better time to round up the very best grapefruit gin cocktails?
Our list concentrates on cocktails with fresh grapefruit juice so prepare for a refreshing, revitalising, citrus taste sensation.
Pink Gin Paloma
- 40ml Chase Pink Grapefruit & Pomelo Gin
- 20ml lime juice
- 50ml fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 10ml sugar syrup
- soda water to top
- lemon circle (optional)
- Pour the first four ingredients into a tall glass with ice
- Stir gently and top with soda water
- Garnish with a lemon circle (optional)
Grapefruit Gin and Tonic
- 30ml gin
- 50ml fresh grapefruit juice
- 10ml fresh lime juice
- 100ml tonic water
- 3cm grapefruit peel
- 1 teaspoon honey
- grapefruit wedges
- lime wedges
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the grapefruit peel and the honey.
- Add a handful of ice cubes, the grapefruit juice, gin and lime juice. Shake well.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes. Add a wedge of grapefruit and lime.
- Pour contents of shaker into glass and top off with tonic water.
- Garnish with lime wedge.
Rosemary and Grapefruit Gin Cocktail
Grapefruit gin cocktail:
- 50ml gin
- 50ml freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 25ml honey syrup
- 100ml tonic or soda
- sprig of rosemary to garnish
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Combine the honey, water and rosemary in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes to let the flavours infuse.
- Combine all ingredients including honey syrup into a large jug with ice and serve.
- 325ml gin
- 2 bottles sparkling wine
- 350ml fresh grapefruit juice
- 4 grapefruits
- Add handfuls of cubed ice into large jug or punch bowl.
- Pour in the gin, sparkling wine and grapefruit juice and stir well.
- Slice the grapefruits into wedges and add them to the jug or bowl
- Optional garnish of grapefruit slice or mint sprig
- 225ml gin
- 150ml elderflower liqueur
- 250ml fresh grapefruit juice
- 225ml lemon juice
- 200ml orange juice
- 150ml Aperol
- 150ml Prosecco
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 lemon
- Orange slices to garnish
- Juice the lemon and reserve the peel.
- In a bowl, muddle the lemon peel with the sugar and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Add the gin, grapefruit and orange juice, Aperol, lemon juice and elderflower liqueur and leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Strain into an ice filled jug.
- Top up with Prosecco.
- Garnish the punch bowl and glasses with orange slices.
All images supplied by Shutterstock.