If you have a sweet tooth and a fondness for childhood nostalgia then we may have the perfect way to liven up your gin. Rhubarb and custard sweets were always a staple of 10p mixups but now you can enjoy them in the most adult of ways.
Of course, we’ll forever have a fondness for bitter juniper and savory tastes, but with sweet-inspired tipples a huge gin trend and only growing in popularity, this could be way to bring a bit of ginny fun to your afternoon.
It’s actually incredibly easy to flavour your own rhubarb and custard gin using your favourite sweets. You don’t need any fancy tools or distillation equipment. All you need is a 1l Kilner jar or similar in which the gin will infuse with the sweet taste of childhood.
If you fancy getting involved in this cheeky twist on rhubarb gin here’s what you need and how to do it.
- 70cl gin (a basic London Dry is fine)
- 200g rhubarb and custard sweets
- 2 rhubarb sticks
- Chop the rhubarb roughly.
- Add all the ingredients into a Kilner jar.
- Leave in a cupboard for 4-5 days until you have the desired taste strength, shaking well daily.
- Strain to serve.
All images from Shutterstock.