Cola Cubes were the cause of many a trip to dentist, partly because they were hard to crunch but also because they were just so tasty. We’ve found a way to enjoy to enjoy that iconic taste of childhood in a slightly safer way in the form of a cola cube gin recipe.
Of course, our mature tastes have a fondness for bitter juniper and savoury tastes, but with sweet-inspired tipples a huge gin trend and only growing in popularity, this could be a way to take a sugar-sprinkled trip down memory lane.
It couldn’t really be any simpler to flavour your own cola cube gin using your favourite sweets. You don’t need anything more than a basic unflavoured gin, cola cube sweets and a 1l Kilner jar or similar in which the gin will infuse with the sweet taste of childhood.
Cola Cube Gin Recipe
- 70cl gin (a basic London Dry is fine)
- 200g cola cube sweets
- Crush the cola cube sweets
- Add the sweets and gin into a Kilner jar.
- Leave sealed in a cupboard for 6-7 days until the crushed sweets have dissolved. Shake well daily.
- Strain to serve.
All images from Shutterstock.
More from The Gin Kin:
- A Cola Cube Gin Liqueur Is Here and It Looks like Nostalgia in a Bottle
- Re-live Sweet Dreams of Childhood by Making Your Own Rhubarb and Custard Sweetie Gin
- Parma Violet Gin Cocktails Are the Latest Trend Lighting Up the Internet