With dessert being our favourite part of a meal we were more than a little excited to try out this gin blackberry crumble recipe.
Autumn calls for forest fruit, warming rhubarb and well… gin. If a combination of the three appeals to you then you’re in for a real treat.
How to Make a Gin Blackberry and Rhubarb Crumble
For the Crumble Top:
- 190 g plain flour
- 50 g hazelnut flour
- 130 chilled unsalted butter (chilled)
- 50 g caster sugar
- a pinch of salt flakes
For the Filling:
- 250 g blackberries
- 400 g rhubarb
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp Brockmans Gin
Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add fruit. Toss with the sugar and cook for 5 minutes until the mixture becomes wet.
- Pour in the Brockmans Gin and cook for another 5 mins on medium heat with the lid opened. Mix and place the fruit into 4 individual baking pans or 1 big pan. Set aside.
- Mix flour, butter and sugar in a medium bowl with your hands until it looks like crumbs. Place over the fruit mix without pressing down. Sprinkle with the salt flakes.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or cream.