The countdown to Christmas gets us closer and closer to our favourite winter holiday and we’re looking forward to it with great anticipation.
If you’re feeling just as festive, we’ve put together a list of ten of our best Christmas gin cocktails to help you celebrate this season in the most tasty way possible.
Winter Warmer, with The English Drinks Company
- 60ml The Orangery Gin
- 30ml warmed mulled wine
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- Candied orange peel
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a glass.
- Garnish with candied orange peel.
Hrafn Raffles Sling, with Hrafn Gin
- 60ml Hrafn Gin ‘Winter Edition’
- 30ml Cherry Heering
- 15ml Dom Benedictine
- 15ml Cointreau
- 120ml Pineapple Juice
- 30ml Lime Juice
- 20ml Grenadine
- 1 Dash Dr. Adam Elmegirab’s Orinoco Aromatic Bitters
- Half fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add all ingredients, in order.
- Long shake & strain into an ice filled High Ball glass.
- Garnish with cherries.
Mulled Christmas G&T, with Misty Isle Mulled Christmas Gin
- 50ml Misty Isle Mulled Christmas Gin
- Scottish tonic water
- A slice of orange and a cinnamon stick
Combine gin and tonic in a glass and garnish with a slice of orange and a cinnamon stick.
Cranberry Bramble, with Cranes Gin
- 2 parts Cranes Cranberry Gin
- 1 part lemon juice
- 4/5 blackberries crushed
- ½ part tbsp sugar syrup
- Chill a tumbler either in the fridge or using ice
- Crush 4/5 blackberries in the glass
- Add 2 parts Cranes Cranberry Gin, 1 part lemon juice and ½ part sugar syrup
- Stir, sit back and enjoy!
Christmas Punch, with Mr Hobbs Gin
- 1 bottle Mr Hobbs Henley Gin
- 3 cartons apple juice
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 5 star anise
- 4 whole cloves
- Combine all your ingredients in a large sauce pan and stir on a gentle heat for 15 mins.
- Taste along the way and garnish with a dried slice of orange.
Winter Serve, with Pinkster
- 50ml Pinkster Gin
- Fever-Tree Aromatic tonic
- Orange slice studded with cloves
- Add the gin to a tall ice-filled glass and garnish with an orange slice studded with cloves.
- Garnish with an orange slice studded with cloves for a Christmassy touch.
Chocolate Orange Negroni, with Pocketful of Stones
- 25ml Dandelion & Burdock Gin
- 25ml Cocchi Americano Rosa
- 25ml Campari
- Dash chocolate bitters
- Mix together all ingredients and stir down.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with a twist of orange and shavings of dark chocolate.
Cranberry Martini, with Cranes Gin
- 6 parts Cranes Cranberry Gin
- 1 part Vermouth
- Olives to serve
- Chill the Martini glass, either in the fridge or using ice
- Thread the olives onto a cocktail stick and set aside
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, Cranes Cranberry Gin and Vermouth
- Now we like ours shaken not stirred, so shake the cocktail shaker till cold, approximately 10 seconds
- Strain the Martini into the glass and garnish with the olives
- Sit back and enjoy with friends!
Winter Bramble, with Greensand Ridge Distillery
- 50ml Greensand Ridge London Dry Gin
- 25ml lemon juice
- 15ml sugar syrup
- 10ml Creme de Mure
- 15ml port
- Combine the gin, lemon and syrup in a shaker with some ice.
- Shake well and pour into a Low Ball glass filled with crushed ice.
- Combine the port and liqueur and add gently, allowing it to bleed through the ice.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries.
Winter Meadow Punch, with Cambridge Distillery
- 50 ml Cambridge Dry Gin
- 50ml Cider
- 50ml Fresh apple juice
- 25ml Lemon juice
- 25ml Gingered vanilla syrup*
- 5ml Crème de cassis
- Sprig of rosemary, to garnish
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- If serving cold, add ice and stir gently, then strain into a pair of Nick & Nora glasses,
- If serving warm (recommended), pour into a saucepan and heat gently: serve in your favourite mug or Nick & Nora glasses. Garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary
*For gingered vanilla syrup, simply mix equal parts vanilla syrup and a fiery ginger beer.