If you’re looking for an alternative to Christmas cake this year then you won’t regret baking a Ginger and Orange Gin Drizzle Cake. Containing the festively flavoured English Drinks Company Orangery Gin, this drizzle cake is a more than suitable replacement to the traditonal Christmas cake.
This recipe, from The English Drinks Company, is festive, simple to make and incredibly tasty – and it’s got gin in it. Need we say any more?
Ginger and Orange Gin Drizzle Cake with The English Drinks Company
- 50ml English Drinks Company Orangery Gin
- 250g butter room temp
- 100g caster sugar
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 4 medium eggs at room temp
- 250g self raising flour
- 100g of mixed fried fruit
- 30g of fresh ginger
For the icing:
- 30ml English Drinks Company Orangery Gin
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 clementine
- Pour the orange gin over the dried fruit and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Mix together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs in one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour and fold it in with a metal spoon carefully ensuring not to over mix.
- Finally add in the soaked fruit and mix together.
- Pour the cake mix into a loaf tin and bake for 30 minutes in a pre-heated oven180c.
- While the cake is baking, mix together the gin, icing sugar and the juice from the clementine.
- When the cake is baked remove from the oven and leave to cool for 20 minutes before drizzling the icing over the top of the cake.
English Drinks Company Orangery Gin (70cl) 40% ABV, is available to buy from the Gin Kin Shop priced at £35.