Cucumber Gin is an aromatic premium gin from The English Drinks Company. The contemporary twist of cucumber, combined with a delicate juniper base make for a light subtle sweetness.
It’s this delicate balance that makes it perfect for a Smoked Salmon with Cucumber Gin Granita, a light and refreshing snack with a cucumber kick.
Smoked Salmon with Cucumber Gin Granita with The English Drinks Company
- 100ml of The English Drinks Company Cucumber Gin
- 1 cucumber peeled and de seeded
- 400g of good quality smoked salmon
- 8 slices of rye bread
- 150ml of sour cream
- 1 tbsp of capers
- 2 tbsp of fennel tops
- Place the diced cucumber in to the freezer for 2 hours to freeze, then place the frozen cucumber and Cucumber gin into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scoop the mixture out and into a container before retiring to the freezer for 2 more hours.
- When the cucumber granita is frozen solid its ready to serve so it’s a good idea to make this well in advance.
- Simple slice you’re smoked salmon and place on some rye bread with a little sour cream, capers and herbs.
- Using a fork scratch the granita to create a snow type texture and sprinkle over the smoked salmon.
The English Drinks Company Cucumber Gin (70cl) 40% ABV is available to buy from the Gin Kin Shop priced at £35.