Hedgepig Glorious Gooseberry Gin Liqueur is a subtly sweet tipple – the perfect pudding gin.
Made with gooseberries locally grown just outside the Cambridge distillery, it’s a cracking little digestif served over ice; subtly sweet with strong fruit notes.
If you purchase a bottle you’ll be doing your bit to help preserve the nation’s dwindling hedgehog population thanks to the distillery’s charitable partnership with The British Hedgehog Preservation Society.
Makers Hedgepig suggest a perfect serve of 50ml Glorious Gooseberry in a tall ice-filled glass, topped up with Fever-Tree Mediterranean Tonic, garnished with a slice of lime and fresh mint.
For those who want to branch out and try something different why not update Victoria Glass’ gloriously gooseberry gin cocktail recipe with a little liqueur instead?
Gloriously Green Gooseberry Gin Cocktail
- 60ml Gooseberry Gin (Try a splash of Hedgepig Glorious Gooseberry Gin Liqueur)
- 20ml Elderflower cordial
- 8 fresh mint leaves, plus a small sprig to garnish
- Muddle the mint leaves in the syrup in a highball glass, then add plenty of crushed ice.
- Add the gin, give it a good stir and add more ice to fill the glass to the top.
- Top with a sprig of fresh mint and serve immediately.