We’re officially a nation of tea lovers so why not dedicate your next bake to two of your favourite beverages in life?
This particular tea loaf recipe uses Masons Tea Edition distilled with Yorkshire Tea to create a true British baking classic.
Whether you serve with a cup of tea on the side or a G&T, it’s completely up to you.
Masons Gin Tea Loaf
- 60ml Masons Tea Edition Gin
- 180ml strong tea, cooled
- 300g dried mixed fruit (Try a mixture of sultanas, raisins and orange)
- 200g self raising flour
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- butter for greasing, and to serve
- Place the fruit into a large bowl or lidded tub. Mix together the tea and gin then pour over the fruit. Soak overnight in a cool dry place.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc / 350ºf / gas mark 4, then grease and line a 2lb loaf tin with the butter.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl, and add the fruit mixture including the liquid, along with the egg and sugar then stir until well mixed.
- Spoon into the loaf tin and bake for about an hour or until golden and a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Masons Tea Edition Gin (42% ABV, 70cl, 20cl or 5cl) is available to buy from Gin Kin Shop.