When the weather heats up there’s nothing like a G&T to cool you down, but we quite like it in sorbet form too.
An elderflower gin sorbet is the perfect way to embrace the changing seasons from spring to summer. Elderflower may remind you of warm spring days but it can easily become a summer treat once sorbet is involved.
Just grab your favourite premium tonic water, elderflower gin or cordial and some lemons, this seasonal treat is one you’ll want to make time and time again.
Gin, Tonic and Elderflower Sorbet
- 400g caster sugar
- 400ml water
- 400ml premium tonic water
- 4 tbsp Elderflower Gin (You could also try 100ml elderflower cordial and a few shots of London Dry)
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- Lemon slices for garnish (frozen)
- Add the sugar to a pan with 400ml water and warm over a low heat until dissolved. Once dissolved, increase the heat and boil for 1 min. Take pan off the heat and allow to cool.
- Pour the tonic water into a bowl, add your sugar syrup, then chill in the fridge until cold.
- Once chilled, add the elderflower gin or gin and elderflower cordial, lemon zests and juice, and pour into a container, then freeze (overnight is best).
- Serve the sorbet scooped into short glasses or hollow lemon skins and top with the frozen citrus slices.