Sometimes using lemonade as a mixer is frowned upon in the gin world as not being an appropriate pairing but we believe unusual gin mixers, such as gin and lemonade, have a use in the right time and place.
Some people just like things a little sweeter than others and that’s where lemonade can be a useful ally. Even those who advocate tonic as the only mixer for gin would be hard pressed to say no to an ice cold lemonade-infused gin cocktail on a scorching hot summer’s day.
Gin and lemonade cocktails can be as simple as you like or they can be impressive and adventurous – there really are no hard and fast rules when it comes to gin drinking.
The following collection of cocktails have everything from a simple gin and lemonade mix to more complex creations – everything a gin and lemonade lover could want.
Best Gin and Lemonade Cocktails
Wild Strawberry & Rose Gin Daquiri
- • 45ml Gin Bothy Strawberry Gin Liqueur
- • 22ml Gin Bothy Rose Gin
- • Rose lemonade
- • 10ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- • 1 cup crushed ice
- • 3 large strawberries hulled and halved
- 1. Add the ingredients except the rose lemonade and strawberries to a shaker.
- 2. Shake well, pour into a rocks glass and top up with the rose lemonade.
- 3. Garnish with halved strawberries or 3 wild strawberries on a cocktail stick.
Cranberry Gin & Lemonade
- • 1 part Cranes Cranberry Gin
- • 4 parts lemonade
- • Cranberries
- 1. Pour the gin over ice in a glass.
- 2. Add the lemonade and garnish with cranberries.
- • 50ml Caspyn Cornish Dry Gin
- • Homemade lemonade
- • Lemon and cherry to garnish
- 1. Pour the gin into a tall glass with ice.
- 2. Top up with homemade lemonade and garnish with a cherry and a slice of lemon.
- • 35ml Gin Bothy Chilli Liqueur
- • Lemonade
- • Dark chocolate straw or Mint Matchmaker
- • A sprig of fresh mint and a fresh chilli
- 1. Add the Gin Bothy Chilli Liqueur to a glass with crushed ice.
- 2. Top up with lemonade.
- 3. Add a dark chocolate straw or mint match maker.
- 4. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and slice of chilli.
Pinkster and Lemonade
- • 50ml Pinkster Gin
- • 100ml M&S Still Raspberry Lemonade
- • 100ml M&S Coconut Water
- • 20ml lime juice
- • 10ml sugar syrup or two spoons of sugar
- • Raspberries and mint to garnish
- 1. Shake all the ingredients well and pour into a tall glass with ice.
- 2. Garnish with a raspberry and mint sprig.
Hrafn Gin Mandarin Mojito
- • 50ml Hrafn Gin ‘Thought & Memory’
- • 100ml Fever-Tree Sicilian Lemonade
- • 10ml sugar syrup
- • ½ unpeeled mandarin, chopped
- • 7 mint leaves
- 1. Add mint & mandarin to heavy based rocks glass.
- 2. Muddle the mint and mandarin.
- 3. Pour over sugar syrup.
- 4. Fill a glass with ice and pour in the Hrafn Gin.
- 5. Top with Fever-Tree Sicilian Lemonade.
- 6. Garnish with mint & mandarin peel.
Simmer Gin and Lemonade
- • 50ml Shetland Reel Simmer Gin
- • Fever-Tree Sicilian Lemonade
- • Slice of orange and a sprig of rosemary to garnish
- 1. Pour the ingredients into a rocks glass with plenty of ice.
- 2. Garnish with a slice of orange and a sprig of rosemary.
Ruby Tiger Gin and Lemonade
- • 50ml Ruby Tiger Gin
- • Fentimans Rose Lemonade
- • Berries to garnish
- 1. Pour 50ml gin into a glass with ice and top with lemonade.
- 2. Garnish with berries of your choice.
Gin Bothy Speycast Classic
- • 35ml Gin Bothy Speycast Gin
- • Bitter lemonade
- • Sliced orange and cherries to garnish
- 1. Add ice to a nip glass.
- 2. Pour over the Gin Bothy Speycast Gin.
- 3. Add the bitter lemonade.
- 4. Garnish with a Devil’s Eye: a slice of orange with a cherry in the middle.
Gin & Lemonade Calippo Slush
- • 50ml gin
- • Lemon & Lime Calippo
- • 200ml lemonade
- • 2 pint glasses of crushed ice
- 1. Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blitz.
- 2. Serve in a glass with lemon or lime garnish.