If summer was to be summed up in one taste it could well be the juicy flavour of strawberries.
Freshly ripened by the summer sun, the sweetness of strawberries, and in this case Scottish strawberries, is the driving force in The Gin Bothy’s Strawberry Gin Liqueur.
In this Strawberry & Rose Gin Daquiri cocktail recipe, created by The Gin Bothy, the sweetness of the strawberries is contrasted by the delicate floral flavour of Rose gin and further enhanced by the addition of rose lemonade.
Throw in some fresh ingredients such as freshly squeezed lime juice and fresh strawberries for good measure and you’ve got a cocktail crying out to be tasted in the summer sunshine.
Here’s how to make your own.
Wild Strawberry & Rose Gin Daquiri
- 45ml Gin Bothy Strawberry Gin Liqueur
- 22ml Gin Bothy Rose Gin
- 10ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Rose lemonade
- 3 large strawberries hulled and halved
- Add the ingredients except the rose lemonade and strawberries to a shaker.
- Shake well, pour into a rocks glass and top up with the rose lemonade.
- Garnish with halved strawberries or 3 wild strawberries on a cocktail stick.
Gin Bothy Strawberry Gin Liqueur is available to buy from The Gin Kin Shop, priced at £26.