Tonic is widely regarded as gin’s best friend, indeed some consider it sacrilege to suggest otherwise. But if you’re open to a bit of experimentation or have simply run out of tonic, gin and juice cocktails can save the day.
If you fancy getting a little creative, mixing things up and perhaps just using up what you have in the fridge then we’ve got some fruity suggestions for you.
Almost any fruit juice can be used as a mixer, instantly creating a holiday-style summer cocktail.
Best Gin and Juice Cocktails
Pineapple Gin Fizz
- • 50ml Piston London Dry Gin
- • 50ml pineapple juice
- • 15ml sugar syrup
- • Juice from 1 lime
- • Tonic/lemonade/soda
- • Wedges of pineapple and lime to garnish
- 1. Place the gin, pineapple juice, syrup and lime juice into a cocktail shaker.
- 2. Add ice to the shaker.
- 3. Shake and strain into glass, add extra ice.
- 4. Top with you choice of tonic, lemonade or soda.
- 5. Garnish with fresh pineapple and lime wedges.
Valencian Orange Fizz
- • 50ml Pin Gin Valencian Orange
- • 1 Valencian orange (juice only)
- • 3 drops angostura bitters
- • Soda water
- 1. Pour the orange juice over ice in a long glass.
- 2. Add the gin and bitters.
- 3. Give the drink a stir and top up with soda water to desired level.
- 4. Stir gently to mix.
- • 50ml Strawberry & Hibiscus Gin
- • 150ml cranberry juice
- • 10ml lemon juice
- • 1x egg white
- • Fresh cranberries or raspberries to garnish
- 1. Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- 2. Shake thoroughly over ice until the egg white is frothy.
- 3. Fine strain through a sieve into a glass with ice.
- 4. Garnish with fresh raspberries or cranberries.
The Teasmith Blush
- • 60ml The Teasmith Gin
- • 100ml pink grapefruit juice
- • 150ml premium tonic water
- • Squeeze of lime
- • Pink grapefruit wedge
- 1. Mix the ingredients and serve between two glasses over ice.
- 2. Garnish with a wedge of pink grapefruit.
Apple and Elderflower Gin Fizz
- • 30ml gin (London Dry)
- • 25ml Cambridge Distillery Elderflower Gin Liqueur
- • 250ml cloudy apple juice
- • Soda water
- • Apple slices to garnish
- 1. In a mixing bowl add the gin, elderflower gin liqueur and cloudy apple juice and mix.
- 2. Pour and divide into 4 glasses with ice and top up with soda water.
- 3. Garnish with apple slices (optional).
Slow Gin & Watermelon Juice
- 60ml Brookie’s Slow Gin
- 60ml watermelon juice
- 5ml lemon juice
- Stir ingredients over ice & strain into Martini glass.
Cucumber Gin & Pomegranate Juice
- 50ml Cucumber Gin
- 25ml pomegranate juice
- 8 blueberries (squish them slightly for a deeper colour)
- Shake the ingredients with ice and pour into a glass.