Panna cotta is a molded chilled dessert popular throughout Italy, easy to make and can be prepared in advance. But, as with most things, it’s easy to see how it can be improved by adding gin.
Luckily for us The English Drinks Company have thoughtfully provided a recipe with the added bonus of their Pink Gin included. Alongside the gin there are plenty of fresh ingredients to make this a wonderfully tasty dessert. This recipe serves 4.
How to Make Pink Gin & Blackcurrant Panna Cotta
- 80ml The English Drinks Company Pink Gin
- 250ml full fat milk
- 250ml double cream
- 25g golden caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3 gelatine leaves
- 150g fresh or frozen blackcurrants
- 50g fresh or frozen redcurrants
- 50g crumbled shortbread or biscuit
- Soak the gelatine leaves in a little cold water until soft.
- Place the milk, cream, vanilla pod and seeds and sugar into a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Remove the vanilla pod and discard.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves, then add to the pan and take off the heat. Stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Divide the mixture among four ramekins and leave to cool.
- Place into the fridge for at least a couple of hours, until set.
- While the panna cotta is setting mix together the blackcurrant, red currants, gin and honey to create a light and fruity compote.
The English Drinks Company Pink Gin (70cl) 40% ABV), is available to buy from the Gin Kin Shop.