This summer, why not give the Italian Negroni an icy sorbet twist? One of the essential classic gin cocktails, this fiery cocktail typically uses campari and vermouth to give you the taste of the Amalfi Coast in a glass.
This unique icy treat, however, includes the magnificent mandarin-based HRAFN Gin together with Aperol and vermouth in an on-trend cocktail update that’s sure to beat the heat in style.
HRAFN Sorbetto Negroni
- 80ml HRAFN Gin Thought and Memory
- 120ml water
- 120g sugar
- 120ml freshly sieved pink grapefruit juice
- 80ml Aperol Aperitivo
- 80ml Cocchi Vermouth Di Torino
- Make a simple syrup by heating the sugar and water.
- Remove from the heat, add the pink grapefruit juice.
- Once cool add the HRAFN Gin, Aperol and Vermouth.
- Freeze, blitz in food processor, re-freeze.
- Serve in a Martini glass with a mandarin wheel garnish.
HRAFN Gin – Thought and Memory (70cl, 45% ABV) is available from Gin Kin Shop.