If you’ve ever fancied hopping on a London afternoon tea gin bus tour from Brigit’s Bakery but haven’t managed to do so to date, then these rhubarb gin cupcakes will be just the ticket.
Why not create your very own afternoon tea cake spread at home with this boozy bake recipe?
The gin experience is of course currently on hiatus but wanted to spread happiness to gin lovers everywhere, in partnership with Slingsby Gin.
These little treats combine rhubarb gin with all the delicious sweetness of white chocolate, just perfect!
Recipe makes 30 cakes
For the Strawberry Whipped Ganache
- 75 g strawberry puree
- 250 g liquid whipping cream
- 15 g caster sugar
- 20g Slingsby Rhubarb Gin
- 175 g white chocolate
For the Sponge Cakes
- 310 g caster sugar
- 240g white flour
- 240 g whole eggs
- 4g baking powder
- 137g liquid whipping cream
- 75g melted butter
- 2g salt
- 70g Slingsby rhubarb gin
- 100 g fresh strawberries
- In a bowl, mix the cream with caster sugar, whole eggs and salt.
- Sift flour and baking powder and add it to step 1.
- Add the melted butter (not hot butter) and the rhubarb gin.
- Pipe around 30g of the sponge mix into a cupcake case
- Dice your strawberries and place one piece on the top of each cake.
- Bake for 11/12 minutes at 160° C.
- Leave at room temperature to cool down.
- Put the strawberry ganache mix into a bowl of a stand mixer and whip using the whisk to obtain a smooth and firm texture.
- Have your sponge cakes ready on a tray. Prepare a piping bag with a fluted piping nozzle.
- Put the whipped ganache inside the bag and pipe a rosette on the top of your sponge cake.
- You can finish off by adding a little piece of fresh strawberry.