Summer calls for all things sweet and colourful and gin is no exception.
With gorgeous fruits ripening it’s possible to make some fresh and vibrant cocktails in summer and a Strawberry & Lime Gin Smash is certainly in this category.
This recipe from Dunnet Bay Distillers, makers of Rock Rose Gin, has everything a summer cocktail could want – including a gin specifically inspired by summer.
Rock Rose Summer Edition Gin is distilled using botanicals such as lemon balm, lemon verbena and lemon thyme that help to create a herbal freshness with a hint of citrus.
Strawberry & Lime Gin Smash
- 50ml Rock Rose Summer Edition Gin
- 25ml lime juice
- 20ml sugar syrup
- 5 mint leaves
- 4 large strawberries
- Soda water
- Garnish with strawberries
- Add the strawberries and mint to the base of a cocktail shaker and mash really well.
- Fill the shaker with ice.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the soda water and shake well.
- Strain into a tall glass over ice and top with soda.
- Garnish with strawberries.
Rock Rose Summer Edition Gin is available to buy from the Gin Kin Shop.