If your cocktail game has gone stale and you fancy jazzing things up in a big way then we’ve got just the tonic (so to speak).
Dunnet Bay Distillers, who make Rock Rose Gin, have a large portfolio of gins and it seems the wide variety has inspired their cocktail recipe-making skills.
The Apricot Blossom is a gin and brandy combo that also contains a delicious dollop of apricot jam for good measure.
Using the gorgeous Pink Grapefruit Old Tom Gin as a base, this cocktail is something a little different; the fruity combination of apricot and pink grapefruit is perfect for summer sipping.
- 50ml Pink Grapefruit Old Tom Gin
- 25ml apricot brandy
- 1 large teaspoon apricot jam
- 1/4 pink grapefruit
- 20ml lemon juice
- Garnish with a grapefruit twist and basil leaf
- Squeeze the grapefruit into a cocktail shaker.
- Add the apricot jam and mix until dissolved.
- Pour in the rest of the ingredients and pack with ice.
- Shake and fine strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with grapefruit twist and a fresh basil leaf.