Summertime may have you dreaming of sitting in the sunshine with a glass of blood orange gin in hand, but there’s a few other ways you can inject an exotic taste of the world into your favourite tipple.
Aperol and gin is a dream pairing that’ll make you feel like you’re on holiday in Italy in a flash, but if you fancy getting cooler with your cocktail game then why not opt for an ice cream float made with gin, orange liqueur and Italian soda that’s strictly for adults only?
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 125ml gin
- 125ml orange juice
- 125ml Cointreau or triple sec
- 500ml Italian soda
- 2 tsp orange zest
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide the vanilla ice cream into 4 tall glasses.
- Mix the orange zest, orange juice, Cointreau or triple sec and gin together in another cup and pour over the ice cream.
- Top each glass with soda and garnish with orange slices and an optional extra scoop of ice cream to serve.