Sometimes nostagia can taste as good as anything and that’s exactly the case with this Parma Violet gin cocktail from Piston Gin.
Scents and tastes from childhood can often evoke wonderful memories of a simpler time and the taste of the old parma violet sweets certainly has that power.
Often devisive, the purple sweets were the original Marmite – you either loved them or hated them.
Even if you didn’t like them at the time we’re confident that this recipe will tickle your taste buds in just the right way.
- 50ml Piston London Dry Gin
- 25ml lime juice
- 20ml sugar syrup
- 10ml violet liqueur
- 1 x egg white (replace with soda water for a vegan option)
- Thin slice of lime to garnish and edible flowers to decorate
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake thoroughly over ice until egg white is frothy.
- Fine strain into a sieve into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a thin slice of lime and fresh flower petals.
Piston Distinguished London Dry Gin is available to buy from the Gin Kin Shop.