Sloe gin may be synonymous with winter and the festive period but it’s a susprisingly versatile drink that, with the right sloe gin mixer, can be enjoyed at any occasion.
Wether it’s the festive season or any kind of celebration, sloe gin is fantastic with bubbles.
Since sloe gin generally contains less ABV than gin it’s considered a liqueur and the main ingredient is normally sloe berries and not juniper.
It’s this lightness of character that pairs perfectly with bubbles of every kind, so why not see for yourself with our three favourite sloe gin fizz cocktails.
Best Sloe Gin Fizz Cocktails
Mother's Ruin Sloe Gin Fizz
- • 25ml Mother’s Ruin Sloe Gin Liqueur
- • 25ml gin
- • 25ml lemon juice
- • Soda water
- 1. Place all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, add plenty of ice and shake well for 30 seconds.
- 2. Tip all into a large tumbler, including the ice.
- 3. Top up with more ice and soda water.
- 4. Garnish with a twist of lime.
Slow Gin & Prosecco
- • 60ml Brookie’s Slow Gin
- • Prosecco
- • Lilly pilly leaves or strawberry to garnish
- 1. Add the Slow Gin to a glass with ice and top with Prosecco.
- 2. Garnish with lilly pilly leaves or strawberry.
Gin Bothy Sloe Gin Fizz
- • 50ml Gin Bothy Sloe Gin Liqueur
- • 20ml lime juice
- • 20ml lemon juice
- • 10ml simple syrup
- • Soda
- • Lime wheel and rosemary to garnish
- 1. Add the sloe gin to a tall glass with ice.
- 2. Add the lime juice, lemon juice and simple syrup.
- 3. Top with soda.
- 4. Garnish with a lime wheel and rosemary sprig.