The gin bramble is a blackberry based cocktail created by Dick Bradsell in 1984 in a London bar. Memories of going blackberry picking in his childhood on the Isle of Wight provided the inspiration for the cocktail.
The bramble has become a modern classic, found universally in all good cocktail bars.
It’s a drink that’s best saved for the end of summer when blackberries are ripe and can be used as a fresh garnish. The bramble has enough warmth and richness to be enoyed in winter too.
Which one of these five gin bramble twists will be your favourite?
Best Gin Bramble Twists
Cranberry Gin Bramble
- • 2 parts Cranes Cranberry Gin
- • 1 part lemon juice
- • 1 part sugar syrup
- • Dash of blackberry liqueur
- • Blackberries and lemon twist to garnish.
- 1. Chill a tumbler either in the fridge or using ice.
- 2. Add 2 parts Cranes Cranberry Gin, 1 part lemon juice and 1 part sugar syrup.
- 3. Top with a dash of blackberry liqueur.
- 4. Garnish with fresh blackberries and a twist of lemon.
Raspberry Gin Bramble
- • 60ml Gordon Castle Botanical Gin
- • 15ml Gordon Castle Raspberry Gin Liqueur
- • 30ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- • 15ml sugar syrup
- • Fresh mint
- 1. Add the botanical gin, sugar syrup and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- 2. Shake well and strain into a short glass filled with crushed ice.
- 3. To finish, pour over the Raspberry Gin Liqueur to create a ‘bleeding’ effect down the glass and garnish with the fresh mint.
Blueberry Bramble Gin Slush
- • Gin Bothy Blueberry Liqueur, to drizzle
- • 50ml Gin Bothy Original
- • 20ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- • Sugar syrup
- • Tonic (try Pomegranate & Basil or Cucumber & Watermelon)
- 1. Mix with tonic in a Boston shaker with crushed ice.
- 2. Pour into a glass and drizzle with the Gin Bothy Blueberry Liqueur until the desired colour is achieved.
- 3. Add fresh blueberries to a cocktail stick and place over the glass to garnish.
- • 50ml Greensand Ridge Dry Gin
- • 25ml lemon Juice
- • 15ml sugar syrup
- • 10ml Creme de Mure
- • 15ml port (opt.)
- • Fresh blackberries
- 1. Combine the gin, lemon and syrup in a shaker with some ice, shake well and pour into a lowball glass filled with crushed ice.
- 2. Combine the port and liqueur and add gently, allowing it to bleed through the ice.
- 3. Garnish with fresh blackberries.
- • 50ml Shetland Reel Original Gin
- • Shetland Reel Rhubarb & Bramble Liqueur
- • 5ml fresh lemon juice
- • 15ml simple syrup
- • Mint leaves
- 1. Place gin, lemon juice, syrup and mint leaves in the bottom of a shaker and muddle slightly.
- 2. Add ice and shake until cool.
- 3. Fill a tumbler with crushed ice and strain in the cocktail.
- 4. Drizzle Rhubarb and Bramble Liqueur over the top and garnish with a sprig of mint.