Since the bramble was invented in the 1980s there have been many twists on the cocktail but none quite as dark as this offering from Aberdeenshire distillers Raven Spirits.
Late summer/early autumn is the best time to make a Black Raven as the blackberries are out in full force and are ripe and fresh.
Alternatively, this cocktail could make a fantastic Halloween showpiece due to its spooky raven feather colouring.
- 50ml HRAFN Gin “Thought & Memory’
- 25ml blackberry liqueur
- 6 fresh ripe blackberries
- 25ml fresh lemon juice
- 25ml sugar syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 1 small sprig of rosemary
- Muddle blackberries & rosemary in a shaker.
- Half fill shaker with ice.
- Add rest of ingredients & medium shake.
- Strain into LoBall glass, over ice.
- Garnish with lemon zest & blackberries.
HRAFN Gin “Thought & Memory’ is available to buy from the Gin Kin Shop, priced at £39.