There’s nothing like a good cup of tea to soothe and refresh, but why not take the concept a step further this autumn/winter season by whipping up one of these delightful chai cocktails?
These spicy creations take the best of the gin’s botanicals and blends it with ingredients such as chai tea, vanilla and cinnamon for a boozy Chai Latte so good your local Starbucks will want the recipe!
Best Spiced Chai Cocktails
The Orangery Gin Hot Chai Tea Toddy
- • 50ml The Orangery Gin
- • 50ml orange juice
- • 1 cup of Chai Tea
- • 12ml lemon juice
- • 1 spoonful of honey
- • Cinnamon Stick
- 1. Warm the orange juice, cinnamon and honey in a pan.
- 2. Brew a cup of chai tea.
- 3. Pour the tea, orange juice mixture and gin into a mug.
- 4. Stir with the cinnamon stick and enjoy in front of a log fire.
Mikkelmas Spiced Chai Latte
Makes 4 servings
- • 120ml Mikkelmas Gin
- • 2 Chai tea bags
- • 1 cinnamon stick
- • 1/2 vanilla pod cut long ways
- • 15g soft brown sugar
- • 1 ½ tbsp honey
- • 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- • 4 star anise to serve
- • 4tsp double cream to serve
- 1. Add 400ml water to a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- 2. Add the teabags, cinnamon and vanilla.
- 3. Turn off the heat and leave to infuse for 5 minutes.
- 4. Remove the teabags, add the honey and sugar.
- 5. Stir till they dissolve.
- 6. Add the almond milk while warming through.
- 7. Be sure not to let it boil. Take off the heat, then add the Mikkelmas.
- 8. Pour into your favourite mug or heatproof glass.
- 9. Add 1 tsp of cream on top of each, and star anise to garnish.