If you’ve ever fancied making a restaurant quality dessert at home, now could be a great time to try.
Rock Rose Gin have created a recipe that is equal parts fruity, boozy, sweet and chocolatey. The delight in question is a gin-soaked chocolate pavlova.
Rock Rose Gin is a multi award-winning premium handcrafted Scottish gin from Dunnet Bay Distillers in Caithness, established in 2014 by husband and wife team, Martin and Claire Murray.
Using shop bought meringue nests for the chocolate pavlova at home makes it an easy recipe to prepare. Make the blackberries a couple of days in advance. The leftover blackberry syrup can be used for a Rock Rose gin cocktail.
Rock Rose Chocolate Pavlova
- 200ml Rock Rose Gin (Original or Autumn Edition)
- 170g good-quality dark chocolate, minimum 60 percent cocoa solids, roughly chopped
- 7 free-range egg whites
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- 40g caster sugar
- 500g blackberries
- 150g caster sugar
Gin Soaked Berries:
- Dissolve the caster sugar in 100ml hot water.
- When the mixture is cool, pour it over the blackberries in a sterilised jar.
- Add the gin and allow to cool.
- Leave to soak for at least 3 days
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over simmering water.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Slowly add the caster sugar with the whisk running, until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Quickly mix in one third of the egg whites into the chocolate, then fold in the remaining two thirds of the eggs whites gently until combined.
- Pour into a dish and place in the fridge to set for a couple of hours or overnight.
- To serve place a meringue on each plate, top with a spoonful of chocolate mousse and add blackberries.
Drizzle over some of the syrup.
Rock Rose Original and Autumn Edition are available to buy from the Gin Kin Shop.