Hrafn Gin ‘Thought & Memory’ is a gin that’s inspired by Norse mythology. In Norse tradition two ravens, Huginn and Muninn – meaning Thought and Memory – serve Odin, the King of the Gods.
Hrafn Gin (Old Norse for Raven) takes inspiration from Huginn and Muninn, bringing together a thoughtful mix of soft spice and delicate mandarin to reveal a long, warm and memorable finish.
It’s no surprise then that Hrafn Gin ‘Thought & Memory’ should be a key component in a recipe that is adapted from an ancient Viking recipe.
The copious amounts of gin, red wine and water in this recipe could make enough to satisfy a Viking army, with the 5 bottles of Shiraz providing most of the volume and also giving the cocktail its ‘Dragon’s Blood’ colour.
This recipe is clearly for sharing but if you don’t have an army to entertain (or even a large circle of friends) then you could always scale down the recipe to suit!
Dragon’s Blood Cocktail Recipe
- 5 bottles Shiraz
- 350ml Hrafn Gin ‘Thought & Memory’
- 2 tsp juniper berries
- 2 tsp cloves
- 5 sticks of cinnamon
- 5 mandarins, sliced
- 1ltr water
- 1/2 kg sugar
- Over a low heat dissolve sugar in the water.
- Add cinnamon and cloves and bring to boil.
- Add juniper, mandarin and Shiraz.
- Bring to a rolling simmer for 30 minutes, then strain.
- Cover and leave to mellow for 48 hours.
- Strain, add in the Hrafn Gin and stir.
- Serve in red wine goblets.
Hrafn Gin ‘Thought & Memory’ is available to buy from the Gin Kin Shop.